How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 12204
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad filed bankruptcy and im his court appointed guardian

This answer was rated:

My dad filed bankruptcy and im his court appointed guardian of person and property does he have to attend the creditors meeting or can i
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Unless you make arrangements with the Trustee beforehand, then your father must appear. If there is a good reason that your father cannot attend (e.g., physical/mental condition), then you should immediately contact the Trustee to explain the situation and request that you be allowed to appear in his place, or that your father appear by telephone, or some other arrangements are made to satisfy the Trustee.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
TJ, Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you