How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently in a chapter 13 and the status of my case says:need

This answer was rated:

I am currently in a chapter 13 and the status of my case says:need FRA(H)
can you please explain
thank you
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Usually FRA(H) means that H (husband) has a record relating to bankruptcy located at the Federal Records Archive (FRA). You may contact the trustee directly to determine whether your assistance is required in obtaining the records

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Meaning that he had one in the past?

Yes or there was some type of bankruptcy related filing in the past
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We thought it was complete as trustee sent us a refund and intent to file final report and obtain discharge was filed 3/7/13

The case may have proceeded to the point of discharge but may not be ready to close. Closing the case and discharge are not the same thing. You would need to contact the trustee directly to determine if any action is required on your part
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you