How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John A. Flynn, Esq. Your Own Question
John A. Flynn, Esq.
John A. Flynn, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 202
Experience:  14 Years Experience in Bankruptcy - Mid-South Super Lawyer
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
John A. Flynn, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi ,im Michael ,,my wife and i have finished our 5 year chapter

This answer was rated:

hi ,im Michael ,,my wife and i have finished our 5 year chapter 13,,they will NOT give us a disharge due to previous bancruptcy ,,,is there any way around this ?,,plus my home has not been threatened yet,,, is this due to no discharge ?
No, if you are not qualified for discharge in THIS case, you cannot change that. You might, however, qualify for discharge in a new case, either a chapter 7, or a new 13. Good luck.
John A. Flynn, Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, so if it remains the status of No discharge,can my home be taken from us ,,,,i'm way behind on mortgage,,

yes, after the case is closed, your home could be foreclosed on. However, you may be able to avoid that by filing a new case. It sounds like you might need to find a new lawyer too. search at for a bankruptcy attorney in your area.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


You're very welcome