Thank you so much for the information. Very clear, concise and well-written.
I am filing this without the aid of an attorney. I am not trying to protect any major property or belongings, etc. Just trying to lower the amount of child support arrears garnished per check.
I just found out I can tip you. GOOD TO KNOW. :)
1. I have a garnishment for child support arrears, which I need lowered. That is the main reason I am filing the 13. Once I file, will that stop the garnishment, because now I would be paying through the bankruptcy? My plan shows payment in 5 years.
2. Schedule E: My wife is the creditor for the child support arrears. Is the date claim was incurred when I was court ordered to pay...also, what would my consideration be? Is it contingent, unliquidated or disputed?
3. Schedule G - I am assuming this is my portion of the rent, etc. Now, my car is owned by my wife (with a note on it) and the insurance is in her name too. My credit is bad. Is she the holder of the car lease? Do I list cell phone contracts and electric bills under here too?
4. Schedule I - I am married, but filing alone. Does my wife's income still go here?
5. Schedule J - Is this just my expenditures or of my wife and I (we are the only 2 in the household)?