How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2661
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed Bankruptcy last year that was discharged 2/22/12. My

Customer Question

I filed Bankruptcy last year that was discharged 2/22/12. My lawyer passed away shortly after. The Trustee is now trying to sell my future interest in a Life Estate that was listed on the Bankruptcy. I have been unable to acquire legal council. Is it too late for me to claim an exemption on the home? I lived half time b/w MA and NH when I filed in MA. The home is in NH. It looked like my deceased lawyer did that with some cases I have in his files. What forms could I file with the courts?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please cancel the question and reimburse my paypal acct for $50.

Much thanks!