How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John A. Flynn, Esq. Your Own Question
John A. Flynn, Esq.
John A. Flynn, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 202
Experience:  14 Years Experience in Bankruptcy - Mid-South Super Lawyer
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
John A. Flynn, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello; I just agot a notice of adversery proceeding in FL.

This answer was rated:


I just agot a notice of adversery proceeding in FL.
I'm planning on fighting it, the question that I have for you, in case if I lost the proceeding, can I ask the judge to make a payment plan. Please advise
No, the judge generally is not going to get involved in how you satisfy any judgment other than to enter orders possibly assisting the plaintiff in enforcement. You would want to speak with the attorney for the Plaintiff in terms of negotiating any sort of payment plan. My best advice, however, is for you to consult with bankruptcy counsel in your local area about possibly defending you. They will let you know if you stand a chance or if you should negotiate a settlement. Good luck!
John A. Flynn, Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you