cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I am behind on mortgage almost 3 years would filing chapter

I am behind on mortgage almost 3 years would filing chapter 13 help to save my home and I am single

cfortunato :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy and Real Estate attorney here to assist you.

cfortunato :

Are you able to pay your mortgage going forward?

Customer:

yes I can afford my usual payments was around 810.00 monthly

cfortunato :

Thank you for your response. If you file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, yoiu will be able to pay the arrears over a period of up to 5 years. If you are able to do this - in addition to paying the $810 regular monthly payment, then you will be able to keep your house.

cfortunato :

That would be an additional $486 or so per month.

Customer:

Okay i make enough to do that I didnt know if the lender will except that.

cfortunato :

If you file a Bankruptcy, the lender must accept payment of the arrears over a period of up to 5 years, whether or not the lender wants to accept payment of the arrears in that manner.

Customer:

okay I am going to look further into this Thankyou I will call local attorney today

cfortunato :

You're welcome!