Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

CAN I FILE BANKRUPTCY ON CREDIT CARDS ALONE?

FiveStarLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

FiveStarLaw :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

FiveStarLaw :

A person is required to list all assets and all debts in a bankruptcy petition

FiveStarLaw :

That said, debts can be voluntarily repaid

FiveStarLaw :

Does this answer your question

FiveStarLaw :

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.

Customer:

I have some large credit card debt,just surviving paying the minimum amt. due some of these cards havent been used in ovr 5 years, tried to negotiate lower interest rate w/the cr card companies w/o any co-operation, found out when a check payment got lost/damaged in the mail one crd. co. wanted lower my rate. Seems like as long as I try pay that minimum due they don't want to help at all. Seriously considering bankruptcy

FiveStarLaw :

Unfortunately a credit card company is not going to modify a fully performing account. As long as you are paying, they have no incentive to modify.

FiveStarLaw :

Have I answered your question

Customer:

YES. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Thank you very much for the "good service" rating and the bonus!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"