Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Can theystill put an Lein on my property and im paying monthly/

My 2005 is paid in...
Can theystill put an Lein on my property and im paying monthly/ My 2005 is paid in full and now working on 2006 I would like to submit a Lein withdrawl but unable to find that form on line thank you
2/5/2013
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

If there are federal and state tax liens for the years that you have paid off, you can have those liens released by having the IRS and/or state tax commission file a release of the tax liens for the year's you've paid up.

However, you can't remove the tax lien notices for the years that you haven't yet paid off. For example, if you've paid all of your 2005 taxes, you should be able to get a release for that year. But, if you still owe 2006 taxes, no release will be granted UNTIL the debt is paid in full.

For the IRS, you can fill out the following application to release the tax lien: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f12277.pdf

For the state of New York, you can fill out this application: http://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/et/et30.pdf

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney