How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Ch 13, pro se, and have a deadline of 1/28 to resubmit

Resolved Question:

I am in Ch 13, pro se, and have a deadline of 1/28 to resubmit some amended schedules and summaries. I have had to leave my home and travel 2500 miles to see my sister who has had a stroke, is unconscious, and in hospice care. How do I ask the court to grant me an extension and is it likely to be granted ? I can easily provide a doctor's statement if needed.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Call the trustee on Monday and ask for an extension and ask for their fax number so you can support your request with a doctor's note. You will be granted one request for an extension under your circumstances. But you must call Monday.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What will the length of the extension likely be ?
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Typically 30 days and not longer.
dylatess and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you