- My wife and I are separated.
- We reside in California
- My wife filed for chapter 7
bankruptcy in May, 2012
- It would have been beneficial to me had she NOT recieved a discharge
- One of the debts she discharged was a loan from her father.
- The loan from her father was used to pay her divorce attorney
- In her income and declaration she declares she used the borrowed money to pay her attorney
- She is now sueing me in family court for the same attorney's fees.
- In her motion for attorneys fees, she lists the loan from her father as the reason I need to pay.
- Again, this loan was discharged in her bankruptcy.
- In addition, she has been receiving $2000/month from her family for over a year.
- She did not include this regular money on her bankruptcy application.
My question is: If I present this information and evidence to the bankruptcy trustee
, what will happen? I'm not concerned with what should happen, but what will likely happen. Will the trustee blow me off, take this seriously, what will most likely happen?
thanks in advance