How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cortrightlaw Your Own Question
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 513
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cortrightlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When amending Schedule F of a bankruptcy petition, who do you

Customer Question

When amending Schedule F of a bankruptcy petition, who do you have to serve a copy of the amended schedule to if you are adding a judgment creditor? The credit report gives the address of the court but I think you might have to serve the creditor himself or his attorney. Can you write down the address of the court and serve them? Or do you have to serve the creditor himself?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : It should be served on either the creditor and or the attor ey for the creditor who obtained the judgment. You can get the attorneys name off the judgment and you should be able to get the creditors address of the original lawsuit or your credit report.
JACUSTOMER-uoe5rf27- :

If it's a major bank, can you serve it to their corporate address?

cortrightlaw : If you can't find a specific address on your credit report then the corporate address would be fine.
JACUSTOMER-uoe5rf27- :

What if it gives the address of the court on the credit report? Should you put that or should you put the name and address of the judgment creditor?