Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

how long must i answer on an application that i have been in

Customer Question
bankruptcy...
how long must i answer on an application that i have been in bankruptcy
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD) replied 5 years ago
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)

What is the question on the application?

Does it say "ever" or "within so many years"?

it ask ever

Dear JACUSTOMER - If it asked if you have "ever" filed bankruptcy then you would have to answer that you have and state when it was. It is a matter of public record in the courts so it's not something that gets wiped off your record. It doesn't show up on your credit report after 7 years or so but that doesn't mean it is wiped off of the court records. You certainly can note how long ago the bankruptcy was filed.
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)