dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

How can I find out more about personal bankruptcy

Customer Question

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

That is not a question that can have a simple answer. That is because, whether you should consisder filing depends upon your income, your expenses, and what property you own and whether you will lose anything if you file. Accordingly, as almost all attorneys offer a free consultation, contact a BK attorney and make an appointment. That way you will know for sure whether you qualify. Further, there may be options to filing that will not affect your credit. So please find an attonrey and schedule an appointment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This information was available online...it didn't give me any further information.

Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Not sure what you expected as there is no black and white answer. And depending on a review of your income, your debts, your expenes, your assets, will determine whether you can file. Likewise, it is like asking a doctor if your leg is broken and he has not looked at the x-rays. That is why the only advice is to see a professional.
note, I do request that you change your rating to ok or better. If not, out of fairness to others, my job is to do the best to educate. And with a negative rating, it impairs my ability to help others. thanks for understanding.