How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a bankruptcy back in 2005. I recently found there had

This answer was rated:

I had a bankruptcy back in 2005. I recently found there had been fraud and forgery done in my case. Can I file a motion to reopen the original bankruptcy case or can I file a motion to have it reopened.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

There is no limit on filing a motion to re-open your bankruptcy under Section 350(b) of the bankruptcy code. Here's a link to the code section:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Does it matter that I have move to a new state. The original case was in California and I now live in Oklahoma. If I start the process in Oklahoma will it be removed to California

If you want to re-open the current case, you'd probably have to re-open it in the California court and then file a motion to transfer it to Oklahoma.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Thanks...

Sure - no problem.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please remember to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for my time. Thanks.

Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions