Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Where Can I get A Lawyer To Help File Bankrupcy That Will Cost

O$...
Where Can I get A Lawyer To Help File Bankrupcy That Will Cost O$
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2012
Fritz
Fritz, Attorney

Fritz :

Hi, I'd like to help you with your bankruptcy questions today.

Fritz :

Here are some legal aid/legal assistance organizations in DC that might be able to help you with a bankruptcy case:

Fritz :

American Association Of Retired Persons Legal Counsel For The Elderly Volunteer Lawyers ProjectPrimary Address: XXXXXNW A4/630 City: Washington State: DC Zipcode: NNN-NN-NNNNGeneral Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNFax: (NNN) NNN-NNNNIntake Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNCounties Served: District Of Columbia Case Types: Adoption, Bankruptcy, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Elder Law, Employment, Health, Housing, Individual Rights, Public Benefits, Real Estate, Wills Case Restrictions: Lower income DC residents age 60 and older. Web Site: http://www.aarp.org/lce Organization Email: [email protected]

Archdiocesan Legal Network Of Catholic CharitiesPrimary Address: XXXXXNW City: Washington State: DC Zipcode: NNN-NN-NNNNGeneral Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNFax: (NNN) NNN-NNNNIntake Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNCounties Served: Calvert, Charles, District Of Columbia, Montgomery, Prince Georges, Saint Marys Case Types: Bankruptcy, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Employment, Housing, Public Benefits, Wills Case Restrictions: Cases must be in Washington DC or counties listed above

Fritz :

DC Bar Pro Bono Program
Primary Address: XXXXX NW Fl 6
City: Washington
State: DC
Zipcode: NNN-NN-NNNNbr/>General Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Fax: (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Intake Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Counties Served: District Of Columbia
Case Types: Bankruptcy, Community Economic Development, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Domestic Violence, Health, Housing, Public Benefits, Real Estate, Torts, Wills
Case Restrictions: Income limits set at 200% of poverty for representation services to individuals; specific case acceptance policies for family law matters, and for Community Economic Development Project
Web Site: http://www.dcbar.org
Organization Email: [email protected]

Fritz :

Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless
Primary Address: XXXXXNW Fl 6
City: Washington
State: DC
Case Types: AIDS/HIV, Bankruptcy, Consumer, Domestic Violence, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Health, Housing, Immigration, Individual Rights, Public Benefits, Wills
Case Restrictions: Clients are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Web Site: http://www.legalclinic.org

Fritz :

A list of other legal aid providers in DC can be found here: http://www.lawhelp.org/DC/StateDirectory.cfm

If your income is too high to qualify for legal aid but you still can't afford to hire an attorney (which would cost in the neighborhood of $1000-$1500 to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy), there are also bankruptcy petition preparers online (or in your community) that will fill out the Chapter 7 paperwork for you for something like $200-$250. However, petition preparers won't be able to represent you in court or help you if any problems arise in your case, as they are not attorneys.

Finally, here's a link to what the D.C. Bankruptcy Court recommends that you do in order to find an attorney: http://www.dcb.uscourts.gov/dcb/pro-se-f

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

Fritz
Fritz, Attorney
Fritz
Fritz
Fritz, Attorney