How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in court in a sexual harrassment suit. If I lose, and

This answer was rated:

I am in court in a sexual harrassment suit. If I lose, and a judgement is entered, is it possible to file bankruptcy to avoid payment.I am incorporated.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Yes, a sexual harassment civil judgment should be dischargeable in bankruptcy. Only criminal fines/penalties and civil judgments for fraud are not dischargeable.
Roger and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you