Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Im a white collar professional 42 year old woman drowning incredit

Customer Question
card debt, divorced 15 months...
Im a white collar professional 42 year old woman drowning incredit card debt, divorced 15 months ago, 17 year old son in h.s. and a 20 yr old daughter enrolled at state University. I receive no child support, but ex and i agreed and ordered by court to each pay 1/3 daughters tuition. I have. He has not. Thats another issue. I took over contracted payments(home equity, internet service, utility, etc) to make a no mess divorce. Gave him the house and i took a 10 yr old jeep, along with my new rent, utilities, providing almost solely for kids. Was managing ok, used credit cards thinking i could get my kids thru the next two years comfortably and have a good portion ofmy career to pay off debts and rebuild savings. Of course everything hit at once last spring and i now find myself with cc debt of 15,000- it would no doubt be more but my three cards are maxed out. I barely amable to make minimum monthly pmts, my only asset is jeep, utility payments are increasingly late, average of 20 bucks in my checking account and scraping together change for sons school lunch. Andgas so i can drive to work. Credit score now very low despite my determined good start. I make too much $ to qualify for any kind of assistance including reduced school lunch and too little $ to cover daily livingexpenses and monthly time pwyments. I confidentally see lightat the endbut how do i manage for the next two- three years.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
12/2/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 5 years ago
Ellen, Attorney
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is FiveStarLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

You may want to consider a chapter 7 bankruptcy. A chapter 7 bankruptcy would discharge/erase the credit card debt. It would be an opportunity for a fresh financial start.
That was doing whatever you can to answer my question? Cool.
We are having a conversation. If you would like to continue the conversation, you need to reply
Relist: Answer quality.
So sorry you are not happy with my service. Since I do not know why you are not happy and you have opted not to tell me, I will opt out of this question so that another expert can assist you.
Bankruptcy Lawyer: cfortunato, Attorney replied 5 years ago
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Hi JACustomer,
Your question is in the Bankruptcy Law section. Do you have question about Bankruptcy?
cfortunato
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney