Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

BANKRUPTCY

HOW LONG AFTER FILING BANKRUPTCY CAN I GO BACK AND FILE A DETERMINATION FOR DISCHARGEABILITY OF MY STUDENT LOANS SINCE MY CAREER IS OVER AND I WILL EVENTUALLY BEING APPLYING FOR DISABILITY.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You need to bring an adversary during the bankruptcy case.

Terry L. :

So, if you are discharged, you missed your window of opportunity.

Terry L. :

They would be hard, if not impossible to discharge. You have to prove that you paid in the past, that you have no current ability to pay them anything, and you have no future ability to pay them anything. If you can work or bring in any income, then the chances would have been really slim to discharge.

Terry L. :

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks and good luck