Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Chp13 Plan Objection next steps

I filed an objection to...
I filed an objection to a chp13 plan. It was after the 341 hearing, but within deadline to object ot exemptions, and filing of plan hearing of confirmation of plan. I heard from the debtor attorney. He says the plan will be approved because is is 100% payout. I objected because debtor grossly understated his income and concealed assets. Debtors has unreported additional assest of 34k and additional monthly income of 5k. Should contact the trustee next?
11/5/2012
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

The objection will be heard at confirmation.

Terry L. :

True, 100% plans make most of the issues moot.

Terry L. :

The means test sets out the repayment rules, not necessarily schedules I & J.

Terry L. :

If the means test requires 100% repayment, and the applicable commitment period is 60 months, The case would likely be confirmed.

Terry L. :

If the balance is wrong, the debtor would have to correct the balance your are set to receive if you are a secured creditor.

Terry L. :

You can contract the trustee, sure. Failure to disclose assets and income, while bad, still wouldn't affect a plan that proposes to pay 100%. Cases must pay enough unsecured debts to protect assets, so, best that can happen is to add interest to the plan if there are excess assets

Terry L. :

Do you have any questions?

Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

I heard you could not view the answer.

I've repasted it below and changed this to a Q&A. LEt me know if you have any other questions to followup. THanks

Terry

ANSWER:

Terry L. says:
11/5/12 11:27 AM

11/5/12 11:28 AM

11/5/12 11:28 AM

11/5/12 11:29 AM

11/5/12 11:29 AM

11/5/12 11:30 AM

11/5/12 11:33 AM

11/5/12 11:33 AM

Do you have any questions?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

were you able to view the answer?
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney