How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Your Own Question
Mark, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 541
Experience:  14 years, real estate, tax, bankruptcy, debt resolution, and criminal law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We filed a chapter13 bankrupcy back in July 28, 2010. For the

This answer was rated:

We filed a chapter13 bankrupcy back in July 28, 2010. For the pass two years the trustee to our case has constantly filed to dismiss our case on account of missed payments. We have explained to our lawyers helpers that our jobs r parttime jobs. The nature of our work is decorating for tradeshows. N only when there is tradeshows here in San Antonio, Texas. Since the first payments started back in Sept 2010 she has contantly filed to dismiss , forcing us to allow her to take out more for the payment. This has gone on ever since! What started out to be 68.75 each (my husband n I) each week of the month to 100.97 each, every week of the month! Just resently (last month) I again was forced to allow her to take out 97.00 more for the month making our payment 1000.00 a month! (Because we fail to make some of the payments because we did not work some weeks.) Even though we did that she still sent us another letter saying she is filing to dismiss our case because we did not send her our income tax files! What can we do to stop this! It is getting out of hand! The good for nothing lawyer we hired does nothing to help us! Everytime I call his office his helpers are the one to handle my complains not him! He says for a conference with is out of the question because we can not afford him! Please help!
You might want to find out if you can covert your case to a chapter 7. I would say ask your lawyer. However, since he does not provide any solution, then you might want to consider a new lawyer. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thank you.
Mark and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you