dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

NEED TO KNOW IF WE ARE FILING BANKRUPSY AND HAVE A QUALIFIED

NEED TO KNOW IF WE ARE FILING BANKRUPSY AND HAVE A QUALIFIED PERSONAL RESIDENCE TRUST DO WE HAVE TO SELL OUR HOME WE ARE PLANING TO FILE A CHAPTER 7 THE THE ATTORNEY I TALKED TO SAID WE MUST FILE A CHARTER 13 WHICH MEANS THE COURT WILL WANT TO SELL OUR HOME THE DEBT IS BECAUSE OF MEDICAL AND CREDIT CARDS
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

Having your property in a trust does not protect your home if you have too much equity in the property. Otherwise, everyone would create a trust to shield the asset from their creditors. So I agree with your attorney. Sorry, thanks for understanding and you did the right thing by getting a second opinion.