Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

In a chapter 13 bankruptcy, I filed a motion to void a 2nd

In a chapter 13 bankruptcy, I filed a motion to void a 2nd mortgage lien as being wholly unsecured. I misnamed the bank. I called it SuchAndSuch Savings and Loan, but their name is XXXXX XXXXX Bank.

The motion to void is already filed. How do I correct the name? Am I supposed to file an amended motion to void the lien? Or does it matter?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Question: In a chapter 13 bankruptcy, I filed a motion to void a 2nd mortgage lien as being wholly unsecured. I misnamed the bank. I called it SuchAndSuch Savings and Loan, but their name is XXXXX XXXXX Bank.

Response: Yes, it matters who you named as the bank. You need to file an Amended Motion naming the correct bank. Otherwise, the bank would file Motion to Dismiss because you named the improper bank.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

After making any corrections to the motion, is the only other difference between the amended motion and the original

motion the word "Amended" in front of the Motion?

Response: Yes, that is correct.