How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can A judgement be put back on your court record after

Customer Question

can A judgement be put back on your court record after filing Bankruptcy chapter 7
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.


If the judgment was listed and discharged in your bankruptcy then they should not be in your credit report, and if they do appear it should state that they were discharged in bankruptcy.


What you should do is contact the creditor bureaus, and advise them of the bankruptcy filing and that the judgments should be removed, if they do not remove them then contact the creditors, to make sure they know that the judgments were discharged and should not be reported, if not you can sue them under the fair debt reporting laws.

Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.
I am a bankruptcy attorney with over 13 years experience, you have provided me with a negative rating, I answered your question that you asked and it is correct, if you have a follow up please ask.