How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Short sale

This answer was rated:

Sorry, I've already asked

Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.

There is a specific motion that you can file known as motion to avoid the lien since your BK was filed within 90 days (soon after) they obtained their judgment. And once the motion is filed and signed off by the court, you can record the motion which removes the lien. Note, your BK attorney should do this for you but there will be an additional charge as this is not part of his original work. Or hire someone else but you need to act fast.
dylatess and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you