How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am prepared to claim the value of my corp, as $500 in shares,

This answer was rated:

I am prepared to claim the value of my corp, as $500 in shares, bank acount balance and tangible equipment (exercise equipment:ie, weights, thera bands, 2 restorator bikes, portable e-stim unit, fax and paper) which would total no more then 1K on any given day. I run it out of my home. How would the Trustee challenge it?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

The trustee will typically review the corporate tax returns and books and records. You previously mentioned that the equipment is listed at a much higher amount on your tax returns. The trustee will also inquire as to whether the corporation has any contracts that may be of value.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you