How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced in 2007 in NJ, granted a monetary settlement,

This answer was rated:

I was divorced in 2007 in NJ, granted a monetary settlement, my husband filed chp 13 bankruptcy 2008,I received 1st payment after 5years through a bankruptcy trustee for a small amount. I tried to get more information today but the only thing I found out is that he is almost finished with his chp 13 . I now live in NC, what steps should I take to persue this matters.
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. You should contact the chatper 13 trustee and request, which you are entitled, a disbursement schedule which shows how much he paid into the plan, how much was paid out, and to whom. It will also show how much he listed that he owes you. Upon review, if you disagree, you can then file an objection with the trustee. Note, all this you can do on your own. If ti goes further, you will need an attorney to assist you.
dylatess and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you