How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cortrightlaw Your Own Question
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 513
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cortrightlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have completed the first year of a five year plan in a cramdown

This answer was rated:

I have completed the first year of a five year plan in a cramdown bankruptcy. My autistic/Tourette's disabled son just had brain surgery at UCLA and I have to care for him completely for the next 6 months, making my income decline.
Can I have my payments reduced for 6 months and make them up on the remaining years?

cortrightlaw : Yes you can make such a request that will have to be agreed to by the trustee and approved by the judge, what you want to do is file a motion to skip or lower payments for the period in question. And in that same motion you address how you are going to make up the difference over the remaing months of the plan.
cortrightlaw and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
I just saw the notification that you could not see my response, please check now to see if the problem has resolved and that you can see my response. Then if you need further clarification post it and I will respond. Thanks and sorry for any confusion or delay.