How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need legal advice and cannot get my Bankrupcy lawyer to help.

This answer was rated:

I need legal advice and cannot get my Bankrupcy lawyer to help. How do I fire him and get a new atty or can I get advice from a different kind of atty, so that I can tell my atty what to do. I need guidance and advice ASAP. I am willing to pay, however, a bankrupcy atty will not talk to me becuase I currently have an atty. Is there another type of atty I can talk to?

I am only 30 days from my chapter 13 being complete AND:
1. cannot pay the balance of $5,000
2. willing to sell house fast~ to pay off
3. should I convert to chp 7.
4 Should I do nothng and wait and try to work out with mortgage company
5. Am I the ONLY one who has ever been in this situation?
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. You need to call your attorney and have him prepared a substitute of attorney forms and have him sign off and put you on the file representing yourself. Then, any Bk attorney will be able to talk to you as now there is a conflict of interest. Thereafter, you may want to either convert to a seven or do not pay the balance, let your case be dismissed and then work out something with the mortgage company. Regardless, you need legal assistance but will not be able to get it until your present attorney signs off. I would then report him to the state bar as his conduct is unprofessional and borders on malpractice.
dylatess and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you