How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cortrightlaw Your Own Question
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 513
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cortrightlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my son and his wife owe me $73,000 and have fiiled for bankruptcy. Does that me I won

Resolved Question:

my son and his wife owe me $73,000 and have fiiled for bankruptcy. Does that me I won't get any money? They have no assets. I took him to small claims court for the arrears on one of the loans but the judge dismissed the case but suggested I sue in Superior Court for the entire amount. My son kept telling me he was going to pay. I gave him until the end of June but they filed for bankruptcy 6/28/12
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 5 years ago.

cortrightlaw : If he filed for chapter 7 and listed you as a creditor the debt he owes you can be discharged by the bankruptcy court unless he obtained the money from you by way of fraud.
cortrightlaw :

you just rated my response as OK? did you need some further clarification to your question? if so please let me know and I will gladly respond.

cortrightlaw and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you