How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kicklaw40 Your Own Question
kicklaw40, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  I have been a bankruptcy attorney since 1998 and have handled hundreds of bankruptcy cases successfully.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
kicklaw40 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i wanted to ask you about when i fill out my bankrupcy paper

This answer was rated:

hi i wanted to ask you about when i fill out my bankrupcy paper work how do i go about stating my income i have no income at all i have a couple of roomates and thats how im paying my rent when the guy i was with left me i had to do something to have somewhere to live he paid all my bills for me i havent worked for at least 2 years and when i did work i worked as a independent contractor and didnt make very much
On Schedule I, line #13, add a line with "roommate contributions to expenses." You will want this amount to reflect your portion of the rent and utilities that they are helping you with. In the "occupation" section at the top of Schedule I, put "unemployed" or "disabled" or whatever the most accurate description of your situation is. At the meeting of creditors, the trustee will be able to clarify any questions he has for you regarding this arrangement, but it is not a terribly unusual situation.
kicklaw40 and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you