Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Can someone have their checking account garnished without noticificati

Customer Question
on if a lawyer has...
Can someone have their checking account garnished without noticificati on if a lawyer has been retained for bankruptcy if the attorney has not filed yet
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/2/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Terry L., Attorney replied 5 years ago
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

Terry L. : Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.
Terry L. : You would receive notice of a lawsuit, then garnishment orders from the creditor as their case progresses.
Terry L. : A wage assignment can deduct wages from you if you authorized them when you took out a loan.
Terry L. : Creditors can still collect, including lawsuits up until you file with the court.
Terry L. : It is not enough to just retain an attorney, you must be filed with a bankruptcy case number XXXXX stop/prevent lawsuits and garnishments
Terry L. : This goes for frozen bank accounts too.
JACUSTOMER-uy3e86n8- :
Terry L. : Let me know if you have any other questions.
Terry L. : Prim turning this to Q&A I'm having tech difficulties
Ok, let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!
This does not answer my questions about if the money in the bank is unemployment funds are a check from a grandparent to pay for something for a grandchild. There is no wages going into the account because of being unemployed.
This does not answer my questions and I am not satisfied with this service. Please credit my account because it was not worth the money.
Please pass this on to customer service. I am totaly unsatisified with the answers because it did not truly answer the questions. I refuse to pay for a service that was so bad.
Your question did not come thru as you can see above. Bank accounts can be frozen, and it doesn't matter what the funds in there are for, or who it was from. Please repost any other questions, so I can see them, sorry for the technical error on the siteAlso, when you file the bankruptcy case, you will get the account unfrozen, and you might be able to exempt the funds, and request a turnover too
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney