How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do file an afirmmation with our mortgage company after

Resolved Question:

How do file an afirmmation with our mortgage company after filing chapter 7?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.
Hi JACustomer,
Is your Bankruptcy case still in progress, or has your case already closed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It has been closed and discharged.
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

You can only file a re-affirmation agreement while your Bankruptcy case is open. If it has already closed, you have to have your case re-opened so that you can file the re-affirmation agreement.

Re-opening your case requires the filing of a Motion to have your case re-opened. You should be able to get the necessary form and instructions for this from the clerk at your Bankrutpcy court.


I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.

cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you