WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Will chapter 13 cure and stop Forclosure proceeding..My proprty

Will chapter 13 cure and stop Forclosure proceeding..My proprty back txes were bought and I was told that Chapter 13 would cure the problem....XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETESQ :

A chapter 13 would stop a foreclosure, and allow you as the homeowner to create a payment plan to pay off the mortgage and tax arrears.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Typically you can creat a payment plan that lasts 60 months, where you pay your past arrears over 60 months.

WALLSTREETESQ :

You still have to make the current mortgage payment and the

WALLSTREETESQ :

property taxes,

WALLSTREETESQ :

the arrears for both would be paid in addittion to these payments.