dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

I need to file a chapter 7 on 3 businesses that have creditors.

I need to file a chapter 7 on 3 businesses that have creditors. Can I file chapter 7 for a business without an attorney? If not, how will the bankruptcy proceed since I do not have the funds to hire an attorney?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. YES you can file a BK without an attorney. However, if you do not complete the forms correclty, your BK could get dismissed. So if you cannot afford an attorney, at least seek out the assitance of a typing service or paralegal.

I wish you well. And I thank you for using this service. Note, because I help people like you for a living, I depend on your support. Likewise, your abiding by the honor system by Clicking the ACCEPT button now is most appreciated. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. A BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK is also most welcomed. Your Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.