Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Hello! I am Leewoong Song in California/Norther District/Oakland

Customer Question
Hello! I am Leewoong Song in...
Hello!

I am Leewoong Song in California/Norther District/Oakland Division. Our Chapter 13 case (11-73444), dismissal was entered on 4/30/2012. The reason is deficiency of "Declaration regarding amended schedules; certificate of service. We didn't know what we had to do. We filed on 5/1/2012 and served the creditors. We would like to reinstate this case, please let us know what we have to do. According to book, we can do within 10 days, is it right?. If yes, we have to file what form(s), please let us know. thank you.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/2/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: cfortunato, Attorney replied 5 years ago
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney

Hi JACustomer,
You have to do the following to have the case re-instated (Please note: for each of these forms, you have to change the court name to the Bankruptcy court you are using):

1) File a Motion to Reopen the Case:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/84551144/Reopen-Bankruptcy-Case.

2) File a Motion for Relief from Dismissal:
http://www.insb.uscourts.gov/WebForms/reliefjudmotlegal.pdf

3) File the Declaration regarding Amended Schedules:
http://www.canb.uscourts.gov/files/DebtorsDeclAmendedSched.pdf

4) File the Certificates of Service:
http://www.mdb.uscourts.gov/pdf/cert.pdf

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.

cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
I would like to know, about the motion to reinstate my case, dismissal is entered on 4/30/2012.

You have to file those 4 forms to re-instate your case. Filing those 4 forms with the clerk at the Bankruptcy court will result in a motion to re-instate your case.

Is there something else you would like to know about the motion to re-instate your case?

i would like to know, how i can file "motion to reinstate" about my dismissed chapter 13 case.

Do you see the 4 websites I provided?

I already explained how to file a motion to re-instate your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy case - you have to file 4 forms to file a motion to re-instate your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy case. Do you see the 4 forms?
thank you very much. bye.
You're welcome!
cfortunato
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney