Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX I had filed bankruptcy in Nov 2011

Customer Question
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX...
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I had filed bankruptcy in Nov 2011 due to a lawsuit where the attorney was trying to collect for a pro-bono case he had accepted. After filling bankruptcy, the lawsuit was stayed, but the attorneys firm filed for an adversary proceeding in the bankruptcy court. The complaint was filed on March 8, I was notified about it on March 12 by my attorney and I was served on MArch 16th. This case in in FL and I have been in CA since January. The mail was forwarded and recieved by me after March 16. The summons were served at my mom's house and she signed for them on MArch 16th. Due to my physical presence, training requirements & the complexity of the civil lawsuit and its possible criminal ramifications, I was having a hard time finding an attorney who can answer this adversary to try to dismiss it but couldnt find one in the time period and my deadline to respond is 30days from MArch 9, so thats today. I spoke with my bankruptcy attorney(they dont handle adversaries) and spoke with the Judge's assistant and I figured I will file for a motion for extension so I can get more time to find the suitable attorney to respond to this matter. (she explained me how to fax to the after hours mailbox and to submit originals by Monday)My questions are:
1.What template do I use to file for the extension?
1.a: How much extension can I ask for reasonably? 30days is what I need.
2.Is this template acceptable in state of FL
(http://bodowlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/answer.pdf)
If not,Can you please advise where to look up for a template?
3.What is a General denial mean? How can I file that? How will that impact my lawsuit
and my bankruptcy process?
4.The attorney has twisted the lawsuit to make it sound like I did some 'fraud' how can I dispute that matter? (I figured that will be handled when i am responding to the lawsuit)
5.Any other options I have to buy time?
Please read this and answer in details. Your time and help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
NP (1.02pm PST)
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Relist: No answer yet.
4/7/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Fran-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Yes I am, Nobody has responded till midnight yday...But I think I saw an email this morning with some response..let me look...
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Yes, No answers here yet. Okay..Waiting. Thanks
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Its been a few days and nobody has responded to this yet?
Also I noticed one of my other questions has been 'locked' ?
That question is a seperate question and I would like that answered as well.
Please get back to me at the earliest.
Thanks
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately at your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
Is there a reason no expert answered this? I can rephrase the Q if needed.
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney