cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

Scum FIA prevailed after a year of intense litigation over

Scum FIA prevailed after a year of intense litigation over a credit card they kept screwing up. I stopped talking to them at the end of 2009 because they jacked up my rate for no reason and kept screwing up the math on my account, emptied out my bank account, and stole 3 paychecks in a row devastating me financially. I got very anxious and put out of work on involuntary medical leave for 9 months. I can't prove it but I believe they leaked private information that allowed identity thieves to steal $70K of my available credit, bank accounts, if they aren't actually the thieves themselves. I only got about $1,400.00 of it back when the investigations were over.

They stopped billing me Jan 2010. Then suddenly I was served in Maine district court in March 2011 by a connected junk lawsuit TRAKAmerica affiliate via referral. I got depressed because I don't know how I'm going to afford to live and can't afford my medication; most of my friends, neighbors, and family are having similar problems. I missed my latest 20 day deadline to respond to the plaintiff's motion for summary judgment dismissing my counterclaim. Now that the plaintiff has a judgment against me should I go bankrupt or just let things happen? Is there any advantage to going bankrupt in my situation?

cortrightlaw : It sounds like your debt situation is spiraling out of control, bankruptcy could be a good solution to put an end to the financial stress you have been facing, take the time and go meet with a bankruptcy lawyer to discuss your situation.