Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

My mom filed for bankrupcy in 2010 it was discharged Nov. 26,

Customer Question
2010. I am the...
My mom filed for bankrupcy in 2010 it was discharged Nov. 26, 2010. I am the primary on my home morgage, and my mom is the Co-Borrower. I wanted to refinance my home but was told that due to my mothers bankrupcy, she needed to reafirm the loan. We have requested the reafirmation papers several times from the bank and am now being told that the loan needs to be in "active" bankruptcy what do I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
4/3/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Terry L., Attorney replied 5 years ago
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

Reaffirmations must be filed while the case is active.

Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney