How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i filed bankrupcy 3 years ago. there was 1988 chevy that one

Resolved Question:

i filed bankrupcy 3 years ago. there was 1988 chevy that one of them had the title to.they have never pick it up or called about it. is there any way for me to get the title back if not what can i do.i sent them an email and got no responce.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you. YES you can do something. You need to go to the DMV with a copy of your bankruptcy petition which shows that the creditor was listed. the DMV will then prepare an abandonment of title and send the notice to the creditor giving them a time to reply. If they do not, the DMV will issue a new certificate of title in your name.

I wish you well. Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.

dylatess and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you