Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Yesterday, March 1, I submitted a question on bankruptcy law.

Yesterday, March 1, I submitted a question on bankruptcy law. My question was answered but I didnot realize it was incomplete. I explained I was involved in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy case as Pro Se and I had file a complaint as Creditor. I learned later that I cited the wrong U.S. Code as grounds for my complaint (727 vs 525. I needed to know how to correct this error. In my answer I was told that I should filed an amended Complaint under Federal Bankruptcy Rule 15. Since there are serveral conditions under Rule 15, exactly which provision or basis for amendment under Rule 15 that I should use?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 5 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

What is the basis for your objection?

Terry L. :

A1 is the rule you are using for the amendment

Customer:

I have no objections. The complaint is over 30 days. Does that matter?

Terry L. :

1moment

Terry L. :

have you had any hearings yet?

Customer:

Yes, the Judge denied my request for a summary judgment and set the case for trial. He did suggest I should review my references. He pretty much told me that I have the right peg in the wrong hole.

Terry L. :

Ok, that's good then.

Terry L. :

it sounds like the judge gave permission under A2 to amend the pleadings.

Customer:

To clarify, you said I should use A2?

Terry L. :

That would be the section if the court gave you leave to amend, yes

Terry L. :

You may want to hire an attorney to help you, since it can be difficult and time consuming to pursue the matter.

Customer:

Great! Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX very helpful! These things do get complicated. We'll forge ahead.

Terry L. :

sure thing

Terry L. :

good luck