WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I am in a CH 13 BK and I am about to come into a lump sum of

I am in a CH 13 BK and I am about to come into a lump sum of money. What can I do in my best interest to keep this money and not violate any bakruptcy laws? Should I file for a dismissal?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you will be obtaining a significant amount of money, you would have to declare the income and amend your chapter 13 bankruptcy,

WALLSTREETESQ :

In terms of a chapter 13, I would suggest filing to disimiss the case, and use the money to settle some of your debts,

WALLSTREETESQ :

and after a year or longer refile a new chapter 13, that may be your best option

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied please press the accept button so we can receive credit