Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

what if the company filied something at the time we filied…

Customer Question
what if the company filied...
what if the company filied something at the time we filied bankruptcy can they come back on me now becouse I stoped the chapter 13.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/24/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: NYCLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 years ago
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney
If you were discharged or if the creditor was placed under a plan for compensation, it cannot ignore it and pursue claims otherwise. it is binding on them.
I was discharged in 2005 or 2006 but the bank sold the house in 2000
If you were discharged and this claim was included the creditor cannot pursue you. If the claim was not included, you would need to motion the court to include the claim.

I hope you found the answer fast and direct. Please click the ACCEPT button so I may get credit for it by Justanswer. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

If you have a follow up question, just click REPLY. I will be more than happy to address it
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER
NYCLAWYER, Attorney