Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

In Alabama- mobile home was filed on bankruptcy in 2004, bank…

Customer Question
In Alabama- mobile home was...
In Alabama- mobile home was filed on bankruptcy in 2004, bank never came to remove. I am not the owner, rented the lot. Contacted Regions Bank (lein holder) they refuse to move it or issue me a title. My ins company has now dropped my home owner ins on my house because the mobile home is there. How can I get a title to sale it off my property?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/18/2012
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed attorney and will be happy to assist you.

Attorney 1 :

I'm sorry to hearof your difficult and frustrating ordeal. If there is a mobile home on your lot, without your permission, the legal owner of that mobile home is trespassing on your property. This is the case whether you won or rent the lot. You do not need title to the mobile home in order to have it removed from your property. You do, however, need to advise the bankrupt owner, as well as the lien holder, that refusal to move the mobile home constitutes a trespass and that you intend to have it removed and sue them for damages in the event the mobile home is not removed within 30-days. If the letter does not solve the problem, you can remove the mobile home yourself and sue for damages.

Attorney 1 :

Best of luck!

If you need more information, just let me know and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________________________________________

If I have answered your question, please click the green "ACCEPT" button.

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.

Bonuses are always welcome and very much appreciated.

I leave positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Positive feedback helps customers get quick responses to future questions.

If you would like me to assist you with additional questions, in the future, please begin new questions with “FOR ATTORNEY 1” so that the question is sent to me.

Thank you!!

____________________________________________________________________

This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney