How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cortrightlaw Your Own Question
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 513
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cortrightlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was a total loss in June 2011. I still owe Santander

Resolved Question:

My car was a total loss in June 2011. I still owe Santander Consumer USA $6,000 after insurances paid. I cannot afford to pay this bill. I have made two written requests in the last 6 months asking if they will accept a cash settlement of $1200. To date, no one has contacted me to discuss. I receive numerous collection phone calls and today I received a default notice that they "may sue me to obtain a judgement for the amount of debt or may take possession of the vehicle." What can I do? I clearly have no wiggle room in my budget to pay this bill. I already work 2 jobs to support myself.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 5 years ago.

cortrightlaw : You can consider bankruptcy as it will eliminate the deficiency, also if you have any other credit issues you can eliminate that debt also.
cortrightlaw : Once they get a judgment they can attach your wages or empty out your bank account do you need to deal with it before that happens.
cortrightlaw :

Have I satisfactorily answered your question? If I have please remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion), i will gladly clarify my response or respond to follow up questions if needed.

cortrightlaw and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions