cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

Thank you for the info on my case. I filed it today and they

Customer Question

Thank you for the info on my case. I filed it today and they said that they made a judgment YESTERDAY. Even though the court date was the 8th. So, because of the entry of default is what perhaps "triggered" a different date. Now my understanding is that I have to file a motion to dismiss judgment or ??? Would you know what I do in this case? Arrggg And on top of that do I have to file something else with my BK?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 5 years ago.

cortrightlaw : Give me a minute to review your question
cortrightlaw :

You do not need to do anything else with the judgment, no need to file a motion to dismiss, the bankruptcy will discharge the judgment debt so it will be gone, and in the mean time they cannot do anything collect on it.

cortrightlaw :

As far as your bk you trustee might send you a letter asking for documentation if he does just make sure to send it to him promptly. You need to send him the last tax return you filed.

Customer:

ok. included in bk tax return. thanks again!!!