How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cortrightlaw Your Own Question
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 513
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cortrightlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for the info on my case. I filed it today and they

Customer Question

Thank you for the info on my case. I filed it today and they said that they made a judgment YESTERDAY. Even though the court date was the 8th. So, because of the entry of default is what perhaps "triggered" a different date. Now my understanding is that I have to file a motion to dismiss judgment or ??? Would you know what I do in this case? Arrggg And on top of that do I have to file something else with my BK?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 5 years ago.

cortrightlaw : Give me a minute to review your question
cortrightlaw :

You do not need to do anything else with the judgment, no need to file a motion to dismiss, the bankruptcy will discharge the judgment debt so it will be gone, and in the mean time they cannot do anything collect on it.

cortrightlaw :

As far as your bk you trustee might send you a letter asking for documentation if he does just make sure to send it to him promptly. You need to send him the last tax return you filed.


ok. included in bk tax return. thanks again!!!

cortrightlaw and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you