WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

How quickly can a new PC be set up after bankrupting an existing

Customer Question

How quickly can a new PC be set up after bankrupting an existing PC ? Can money be acquired to help start the new PC ? Is there a time frame involved ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

After discharge is the best time to start a new corporation,

WALLSTREETESQ :

legally you can do this during your bankruptcy if you disclose to the trustee that you will be starting a new corporation.

WALLSTREETESQ :

The reason to wait after bankruptcy discharge, is that a trustee in a bankruptcy court is unlikely to approve a request for taking on significant debt --- several thousand dollars or more --- to start a new business. After all, the bankruptcy filing shows you need help managing debt and credit, and the last thing the court wants is for you to pile on more debt while trying to eliminate your current debt obligations