How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cortrightlaw Your Own Question
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 513
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cortrightlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am several months and several hundred dollars past due on

Resolved Question:

I am several months and several hundred dollars past due on my electric bill. I am still getting electric service from the electric company that I have the past due bills with. I am thinking about including the debt in my Chapter 7 filing but am worried about the consequences (the company refuses to provide me electric service, etc.) if I list the debt. Should I be worried about this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 5 years ago.

cortrightlaw : Givee a minute to review your question so I can provide you an answer.
cortrightlaw : You can list the debt and have it discharged but if you want to continue with electric service going forward they will most likely require you to make a deposit to reestablish service. So depending on how much you owe you might be better off making payment arraignments with them.
cortrightlaw : If you found my answer responsive to your question please push the accept button so I can get credit for my answer. And if you need further clarification I will gladly reply.
cortrightlaw and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you