How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ex-wife has filed for chapter 13, putting her residence up

Resolved Question:

ex-wife has filed for chapter 13, putting her residence up for sale. Her residence is being listed at approx. thirty thousandth below market value. I (ex-husband) have approx. 23,000 in judgments against her. With her home listed at such a low price, I may not get anything. can the sale price of her home be disputed? or should that be disputed by mortgage lender?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.
You can challenge the actual value listed of the property at the 341 meeting, and since it may affect you, it is worth it. You should obtain either an official appraisal or a brokers letter, stating what the property would go for in a sale.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions