How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are there specific forms for filing an amendment to schedule

Customer Question

Are there specific forms for filing an amendment to schedule C in New Hampshire? I have filed Pro Se and completed my 341 meeting. The trustee informed me I should exempt our bank accounts (which I forgot to include). The court told me I need to file a "certifcate of service" and "Notice of Amendment". I have an Amendment cover sheet and the a separately self-created document stating how the schedule differs from the original petition. I can't locate any official form of "certificate of service" or "Notice of Amendment" for NH. I did find "Notice of Amendment" forms for other states, so I'm wondering if there is something specific to NH.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
A copy of the Amendment coversheet probably will suffice as notice if it is properly served on the creditors. Or, you could format a plain-paper pleading (see this link for example header) with verbiage like:

Notice is hereby given that the above-named debtor in the above-entitled and numbered case has amended Schedule C of the bankruptcy petition.

Date: _____

By: _________
Debtor, Pro Se

Re the certificate of service, you could use this format from NY, and just add the same header info as described above.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!